Sunday, January 11, 2009

December activities


Christmas Eve we decided to make gingerbread houses. Brett got really into his and I got really bored after an hour (short attention span). My second story walls would keep collapsing and I would get frustrated. Hence my house looks terrible and Brett's is a mansion. Just as a side note our hair is looking fabulous.


Indie got a couple of toys for Christmas and some books. She really only wanted the wrapping paper, which we knew would happen.

Indie's thoughts:Best day ever, look at all this shiny paper.

Indie also got two new cousins in December. Tate (which we didn't get a picture of, I wanted to but the house was always too crazy to get one) and Grant my brother Daniel and his wife Tia's little boy. Indie loved her cousins but would get very upset when I would hold Grant. Mostly she just wanted to eat him.

Also Brett's Grandma Heywood came from Califonia so we got to take a four generation picture with her.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Comment 1: Those gingerbread "houses" are freakin huge.

comment 2: love the hair.

comment 3: what's on Dad's head?

The Real Jim Heywood said...

The phrase, "Just as a side note my hair is looking fabulous" frequently cheers me at the end of a day.

I love Four Generation photos. But how did Mel Gibson get into this one?

Tia said...

I think that Brett has picked a fitting major :) I'm in the same hair boat as you, and I haven't cut Daniel's hair since before the baby came. As for eating our child- I don't blame her he's too cute, all you want to do is eat him up. But I'm not biased.

Carrie and Jim said...

I remember Jameson's first Christmas. I think it took him about two years to finally take an interest in all the crap we bought him. He just wanted something to chew on. Actually he still does that. Oh well, it's fun being a new parent (and an old one) anyway.

Oh and Jim, that's not Mel Gibson. It's Mel Brooks. Close though.

Jim

Sherrie Heywood said...

I haven't done my hair for so long I don't even know how to do it anymore. If I do end up doing it, it looks like a fifteen year old hair style and Indie pulls on it so it gets pulled back up. I will probably be one of those women that gets stuck in a hair decade.

Bryan & Bobbie said...

These are such great photos. Love the houses, love the childrens, love the hair?, love the four generation. the first thing I noticed about that picture was Grandma, it has been so long since we have seen her. It is good see her here. The second thing I noticed about this picture was Dad's massive arms. Compare them to Brett's, Brett is a fit guy, but Dad's arms are humongous!

Brothersen's said...

Hey Sherrie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!! I changed it on my calendar to the 14th, so hopefully I won't call you on the 13th again. Have a fun day!

Mother of Eight said...

I am so glad you guys are blogging again. I love the pictures. Happy Birthday, Sherrie! Love you guys!